Things are really moving now, and I owe y'all an update.

First, and most importantly, I know my placement! I'll be in Hitachi City, in the Ibaraki prefecture. (I'll do a post with more information about that later). It was a bit of an ordeal to get my placement, let me tell you.

Interac called me on Wednesday (1/27) with my placement. The catch? I was at work and couldn't answer my phone, so they just left a message saying they'd call back the next day. ANGUISH. The next day came, and I took my lunch at the time they said they'd call so I would be able to answer without a problem. No call. I thought maybe they'd call Friday, and I checked my phone obsessively during the call-back time. Still no luck. And as it was the weekend, I didn't expect one Friday or Saturday, and probably not Sunday either, but I had my fingers crossed.

And then, Sunday came, and so did the call. Around 8pm, and I nearly missed it because I didn't have my ringer on. (Bless you, vibrate.) So I officially got my placement offer on Sunday 1/31. I of course immediately googled it and told my parents and announced it on Facebook and all that jazz. I still need to make a few calls.

Additionally, my Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) has cleared on the Japan side, so they're sending that to me in the next couple of weeks. I then get to send that on the consulate (I'll go through Denver, I believe, since the Kansas City one no longer exists) and that'll give me my visa so I can work.

I also got my Orientation packet and some FAQs and other cultural information today in one big fat email. It's finally starting to hit that I am, in fact, moving to Japan with an actual job.

The next step is finding out my arrival date and then just getting everything ready to go! Less than two months to go!

Comments (1)

On February 5, 2010 at 12:18 AM , Anonymous said...

Wow! Anguish is right! haha
I'm still waiting on that departure date too!
Let's hope it comes soon! ^^

(Such a cute layout by the way!)