Today, after a long and difficult process, I got my plane tickets. Thanks to my Dad's frequent flier miles, the grand total was only about $150. Not bad, right? And many many thanks to my parents for footing that bill.

But it did take about an hour of messing around with flights and times and airlines. Turns out April 4, the date I'm supposed to arrive, is Easter this year. Yeah.

In the end, here's my itinerary:

Day, Date

Departure City and Time Arrival City and Time

Sat, 03APR10

KANSAS CITY INTL
(MCI) 7:30AM
HOUSTON BUSH INTL
(IAH) 9:30AM



Sat, 03APR10

HOUSTON BUSH INTL
(IAH) 10:50AM
NARITA
(NRT) 2:20PM (04APR)


So the tickets are bought. My visa app is in the mail, I have all the passport pictures I need so I can turn in my drivers license app next week, and I have the number for the doctor for my TB test. Things are moving right along.

Comments (2)

On February 14, 2010 at 10:06 PM , Anonymous said...

Hey this is Sarah (the other Hitachi-person),
I'm looking at tickets now. I'm thinking about coming in maybe on the 1st and spending a couple nights in Tokyo and taking the train back up to Narita Airport for the bus ride to Hitachi. Hopefully this isn't as difficult as it sounds haha.

 
On February 14, 2010 at 10:22 PM , Lauren said...

Good luck. I was tempted to go early, but I'm so short on money that it'll just be easier for me to go the day of. Plus I didn't want to mess with trying to find my way around while so jet-lagged.

However, I'm sure it'll be a lot easier for you to find a ticket if you go earlier. But yeah, good luck either way. :)