I know it's been a ridiculous amount of time since the last post, but there hasn't been too much to report. But by now, enough has happened that an updated is a good idea.

In October, I was sent an email letting me know that things were in the works for the ALTs set to arrive in March. I was asked to send documents needed to a Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) in order to get my visa ready. I had to fill out yet another resume so Interac could submit it to the Japanese school boards and place me somewhere. Once they confirmed they had what they needed, it was back to the waiting game.

In December, I got another general update and a sort of introduction to the staff. This one was to inform me that I'd be getting my placement sometime in late January to mid February. Again, back to the waiting game.

So this is where I'm at now. Waiting. And saving money like a fiend. I'm working part-time at Walmart, which is an experience in and of itself, but you can imagine I'm not really making that much and I have to be very thrifty. I'll be lucky if I make the recommended amount to take over, even before the loan I'll be getting.

It's starting to feel closer and closer to departure and the nerves are setting in. People always ask if I'm excited (and of course I am), but I'd have to be insane not to be anxious, too. I've been spending a lot of time doing more research on the company and people's experience with it, which doesn't really help me because there's just as many bad experiences as good. But I'm relying on the fact that the company came recommended by professors I trust and the fact that I'm not really looking to make this my career, it's just something I want to do.

So, back to waiting.

Comments (0)