I'm happy to report that I am tuberculosis free. :) And the whole process was very easy. I made an appointment on Friday, and basically went in, got pricked with a needle, and left. The doctor didn't even charge me for a visit, just for the injection, and I got a discount since I didn't have insurance. So that cost all of $12. Then today I went back to get the injection site read, and I'm good to go. Some people mentioned they had red spot and that was supposed to happen, but mine was completely clear. You couldn't even see where they stuck me with a needle. That made me a little nervous, but from what I understand, if the redness is under a certain diameter, that means you're fine. I don't know. And yes that's a lousy picture, but the flash kept whiting out the paper and I couldn't be bothered to find better lighting.

So now, all that's left is to pack. I'm going to put in my notice at my current job tomorrow. And that's pretty much it. I still have a little shopping to do, mostly clothes. I still have what, 25 days until I leave? Ah, that late start. So much fun. That just means I have that much longer to work and save, and that all of you people that leave before me need to give me good advice and tell me what to expect, ok? :)

Comments (3)

On March 9, 2010 at 6:10 PM , Daniel said...

You must be relieved - it took a load off my mind when I got my TB thing sorted; one less thing to worry about! Thanks for adding me to your blogroll by the way; I've done the same for you :)

 
On March 10, 2010 at 12:53 AM , Lauren said...

Yeah it's definitely nice to have all the official business out of the way. Nothing is stopping me now!

 
On March 10, 2010 at 2:00 PM , JD Seibel said...

expect nothing. that way your hopes and dreams won't be crushed.

sorry to be depressing. ...